Sunday, September 23, 2012

What I learned from a triathlon.

1. Triathlons are hard.  They are in your face, down and dirty plain ole hard work.  Life can be that way.  Our journey can be hard,  and flat out unpleasant at times.  Our only choice is keep moving forward and when our strength is gone, cry out to the One who gives strength.

2. Yes triathlons are hard but there are good times along the way.  Cheers from others, a refreshing breeze,  and the joy the comes from completing each leg of the race.  Most of all there were precious memories and wonderful friends that were made. It's those things that carry you through the journey.  Abba gives us many blessings and good things to be thankful for in life.  It is those good things to meditate on that help us get through the really hard times.

3. Giving is good.  We were each running our own race, but we also rallied together to help each other with their races (Although I came in last so I didn't give much help).  There were some awesome ladies there who ran their race but didn't hesitate come help me complete mine.  Life is like a triathlon.  We are certainly walking our own journeys but we can also reach out and help someone else with theirs. Running the triathlon helped to comprehend that we aren't here just to please and indulge ourselves.  We are here to be light and blessing to others.  And remember we are on the journey together. :o)

4. You are never really alone.  There was a point in the bike leg that I was physically alone.  I mean there was NO ONE around me.  It was me and YHVH.  At that point I began to sing. Audibly.  That's all I can say.  When you feel like you completely alone, sing. sing as loud as you can and you will find that Abba is there helping you. Blessing you.  Holding you.  Then at just the right time encouragement came like a breath of fresh air.

5. Women have an uncanny ability to come together despite situation or background.  I met some truly wonderful ladies yesterday.  I also made memories that I will NEVER forget.

6. One more thing.  NEVER tell yourself you can't do something. Yes. Yes you can.

Shalom

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! *tears* AWESOME!
    Baruch HaShem YHVH!!
    So proud of you, friend!! So proud! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said.....thank you for reminding me that I'm never "really" alone..that YHVH is always there with me :-) I needed to be reminded of that...What a strong woman you are...I'm so glad to know you and to be your friend...even if we've never met :-) Love and blessings....:-) Jerelene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baruch Hashem Jerelene. I'm so happy you were blessed. Really I'm not the one who is strong. He is the ONE who in strong in me. <3 Thank you for your friendship :o)

    ReplyDelete