Monday, October 31, 2011

Gardening

The Holy Spirit has impressed upon me a goal.  I would love for my girls and I to get through the entire bible together before they leave home. So in light of that goal, I have decided not to do the traditional Torah portion reading this year.  It is a lovely tradition that certainly merits our attention but this year I simply want to snuggle on the couch with my girls and read His Word, from the Aleph to the Tav.  Yes we will probably discuss it some, but my goal is not to beat them over their lovely heads with the bible.  I want to simply present the Seed and allow Abba to the gardening.  I thank YHVH for His Word and I pray it accomplish His purpose in our lives.

So Yesterday we started with Genesis or (B'resheet) 1-4.  Today we read chapters 5-7.  For my own accountability sake I will try to post our reading a couple of times a week.  Not to necessarily bore you do death but to help keep track of our progress so we can reach our goal.

Shalom Alechem!

4 comments:

  1. Love!!
    May YHVH bless you all as you read His Word together. May He continue to write it in your hearts!! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT IS GREAT!!!! LOVE IT!!!! there is a website that might help you Torah school. I have the site on the side of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal! I will check it out. And thank you Christina :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful idea! I was amazed at what I learned when I read through most of the old testament. Torah is just the beginning of the story. :)

    ReplyDelete